The Finnish developer of mobile games Supercell is so far known for titles such as Hay Day, Clash of Clans and Clash Royale, which are played by millions of smartphone and tablet users worldwide. Now comes the next hit of the Finns called Brawl Stars and therefore we have summarized here all infos about the mobile game and give you tips for getting started, so you can start successfully directly.
What does Brawl Stars cost?
Brawl Stars is like many other mobile games also Free2Play. In other words, you can download it for free on your Android smartphone or iPhone , or play it on your tablet and then play it.
However, Brawl Stars offers the option of spending money in the game to progress faster or unlock fighters.
What is Brawl Stars?
Brawl Stars are – as the name suggests – a so-called brawler, that is a spanking game.
This is played in the plan view and you have the choice to compete alone against an adversary from the Internet or in a team. These team matches are the typical gameplay of Brawl Stars and then take place as two-on-two or three-against-three rounds .
In the game you have 21 Brawler , so characters available. Of these, not all are unlocked at the beginning, but you gradually earn them by collecting enough in-game currency or simply buying to acquire the controllers.
The matches, in turn, take place in six different game modes , and the more games you win, the more trophies land on your account. They in turn determine which league you will be classified in, so that beginners do not have to play against pros.
What game modes are there in Brawl Stars?
In total, there are six game modes available to launch Brawl Stars, most of which are designed as three-on-three modes:
- Gem Grab (3 vs. 3): In this mode, teams must collect gems. It wins the team, which has ten of the together and can then hold them for a certain time. Of course, the glittering things can be stolen the counter party again.
- Showdown (1 vs. 1/2 vs. 2): Showdown is the only game mode in Brawl Stars that can be played both alone and as a two-player team. The match is best compared to Battle Royale games like PUBG , because ultimately you just have to survive to win.
- Bounty (3 vs. 3): Here is the task rather simple, because you should do only the players of the opposing team. But you get stars as a reward, but you lose them when you are blown away. In the end, the team that has collected the most of these stars wins.
- Heist (3 vs. 3): In Heist, each team has a safe to protect from the other team. At the same time, however, it is important to crack the counterparty’s vault.
- Brawl Ball (3 vs. 3): Brawl Ball is like football without a referee. The goal is to score two goals to win the match. To prevent this, the two teams are allowed to take all kinds of measures.
- Special Events: The special events in Brawl Stars you have to unlock with trophies. Then you can compete in PvE matches where you fight against computer-controlled adversaries.
Beginners Tips to Brawl Stars
Now that you know what Brawl Stars is and how you get it, we want to give you some tips and hints to help you quickly achieve success in the various game modes:
When you launch Brawl Stars, the first thing that comes to mind is what characters are best for newbies. Here we recommend the following five:
- Brock: So to speak, the standard character everyone should be able to cope with
- El Primo: Also very easy to handle because it puts a lot of damage away.
- Jessie: Fighter with ranged attacks that do a lot of damage.
- Colt: Also a ranged fighter whose attacks also wreak havoc and have a good range.
- Barley: A fighter whose attacks inflict damage over time, which can be really annoying for your opponents.
The different fighters that you stand for does not just look different but also have different abilities. Therefore , think about a match , which Brawler selects her, in the optimal case, the choice of your teammates adapts. El Primo, for example, can take damage properly and is therefore ideal to protect the other whipping boys in the team. Brock, on the other hand, should rather stay in the background, since his attacks can be considered as far-off attacks.
When choosing a fighter, it is not only important to know what role he should play in the team. It also helps a lot if you know how fast your character’s attacks will find their target . Some attacks take some time to break, so you have to anticipate to hit your opponent.
Keep an eye on your character’s life energy display . As long as you do not take any damage or even pass attacks, the life energy of your protegee slowly regenerates. Therefore, retreating is sometimes a good strategy. Of course, your opponent then has the opportunity to strengthen himself. So you have to weigh what makes more sense.
Use the practice mode in Brawl Stars . In this you are not against human opponents, but against computer-controlled. This helps to learn to play the chosen character and at the same time gets a feel for the game modes and the cards being played.
When you finally start in one of the team modes, always try to attack the adversary your teammates are attacking . This is the most effective way to turn off characters.
In general, it is advisable to stay together in the team modes and watch the other players. For example, if you see that your life’s energy is running low and you’re playing a fighter with lots of energy, then it makes perfect sense to catch fire.
So you get more brands and boxes
Like other free to play games, Brawl Stars has its own in-game currency , which you need to buy item boxes. The latter, for example, contain new Brawler characters. Basically, you deserve the currency here called “brands” by winning in the game. The daily available brands are limited.
Here are a few tips on how to make more brands without spending real money on them.
- Level up different player accounts in parallel. For each ascent you will receive 20 brands. At level 20, you have so whopping 400 brands in the account, for which you can buy four boxes.
- The level up of your individual brawlers will also be rewarded with brands. Who changes his characters regularly , increases in all the rank level and earns more brands.
- Be sure to play the Robo Rumble event , if available. Depending on how many event tickets you have / you can earn up to 200 stamps here.
- Play the showdown mode in Variant 1 vs. 1. , because you have a high chance of winning here. This is especially true for low ranked brawlers.